Insect Venom Allergy
What can happen if you get stung?
In most cases, an insect sting or bite is absolutely harmless to healthy humans. However, it can be risky (in increasing cases) and the consequences – although very rare – can be fatal.
If the person has an allergic response, the sting can cause swelling around the sting or bite within a couple of minutes, a rash can appear, dizziness, breathing difficulties and – in rare cases – even a life-threatening cardiac arrest may occur.
How to handle an insect sting?
Firstly, it is very important to stay calm if you get stung by an insect
that you are allergic to. If you carry your emergency kit with you, severe consequences are rare if the medication is used soon enough.
In any case, it is important to be prepared for an anaphylactic reaction, in other…
Bitte geben Sie Ihre E-Mail-Adresse und Ihr Passwort ein, um sich an der Website anzumelden.